Sunday, September 25, 2016
The Chile Pepper Challenge is El Paso’s premier cycling event. Over 900 cyclists line up for an epic ride through the scenic and historic Mesilla Valley over country lanes covered by pecan orchards and lined by New Mexico's world renowned chile fields.
The Chile Pepper Challenge offers routes, distances and mountain climbs for cyclists of all skill levels and ambition. Five ride alternatives are available, 100 miles, 62 miles, 40 miles, 26 miles and a 10 mile fun ride. Each ride is fully supported with rest stops, route markings and SAG vehicles. Snacks, water and port-a-potties will be provided at all rest stops.
All rides start and end at Grace Gardens, 6701 Westside Drive, El Paso, Texas 79932.
After the ride enjoy food, drinks, vendor booths at the Chile Pepper Fiesta.
Each year the Chile Pepper Challenge raises thousands of dollars for local charities. This year all proceeds will go to the benefit of the Humane Society of El Paso.
The Humane Society of El Paso is a non-profit shelter dedicated to building a better community of all animals through education, adoptions, foster-care, volunteer work and community events. The Humane Society is the oldest and largest no-kill animal shelter in El Paso, in continuous operation for over 66 years. For more information go to www.hselpaso.org
- On-Line via Race Adventures. On-line registration will close at 11:59pm Sunday, September 19th
- Mail-in Registration Form (checks only please). Mail-in registration forms must be received on or before September 19th. Mail your registration form to: The El Paso Bicycle Club, PO Box 13040, El Paso, TX 79913.
- In person at one of the Rider Package Pick Up sites. If you plan to register on Sunday before the ride please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your ride start time.
To expedite processing at the in-person registration please complete and print our PDF Registration form and bring it with you. For mail-in and in-person registration each rider must complete and sign the registration form and liability waiver, one form per rider. Tandems must complete two forms, one for each rider. Riders age 17 and under must have a form signed by a parent or guardian. Blank forms can also be found at most local bike shops and will be available at the in-person registration sites. Please support our local bike shop!
To help us plan a better event early registration is highly encouraged.
- Early - $30, Must be received on or before August 31, 2016
- Regular - $40, September 1st through September 19th (registration on Race Adventures closes at 11:59pm, MDT, on Monday, September 19th). Mail in forms must be received by September 19th.
- Friday, September 23rd and Saturday, September 24th, in-person - $40
- Sunday, September 25th before the ride, in-person - $45
- Riders age 15 and under accompanied by a paid adult rider are free! Riders age 15 and under must register with a mail in form or at one of the package pick up and registration events with proof of a registered parent or guardian. Active.com will not accept riders age 15 and under unless they pay the full ride fee.
Tandems must register and pay for each rider individually.
Pre-registered riders can pick up their rider package at the following locations at the times and dates indicated. We will also be taking walk up registrations at the package pick up sites.
- Friday, September 23rd from 4:00pm until 8:00pm, Atom Cyclist (Eastside Location), 1886 Joe Battle Blvd. #205
- Saturday, September 26th from 12:00pm (noon) until 7:00pm Crazy Cat Cyclery (Westside Location), 5650 Desert or
- Before the ride on Sunday, September 27th starting at 6:30am.
All rides start and end at Grace Gardens, 6701 Westside Drive, El Paso, TX 79932.
Jerseys and tee-shirts are available to commemorate your participation in the 2016 Chile Pepper Challenge.
Our 2016 ride jerseys offers two color options: A bold green and black design featuring fever-hot red chiles, and an eye-catching blend of orange, red and black. Both designes are the custom creations of El Paso based Ritex Manufacturing. Jerseys are available in both men's and women's styles and sizes. Available sizes range from XS to 3XL. The price for these one of a kind jerseys is $80 each. Please note - Orders placed after September 2, 2016 cannot be guaranteed to be delivered in time for the ride.
The 2016 Chile Pepper Challenge tee-shirts are moisture-wicking, lightweight and quick-drying. Perfect to wear when riding your bike in the Chile Pepper Challenge! Price for tee-shirts is $15 and are available in sizes ranging from Small to XXL. Women's tee-shirts are V-NECK, WHITE not yellow as shown.