Sunday, September 27, 2015
The Chile Pepper Challenge is El Paso’s premier cycling event. Over 900 cyclists line up for an epic ride through the scenic and historic Mesilla Valley over country lanes covered by pecan orchards and lined by New Mexico's world renowned chile fields.
Each year the Chile Pepper Challenge raises thousands of dollars for local charities. This year all proceeds will go to the benefit of the El Paso Diabetes Association.
The El Paso Diabetes Association
The El Paso Diabetes Association, Inc. is an accredited 501 (c) (3) organization without state or national affiliations. Every year, the EPDA provides services to over 10,000 El Paso residents, most of whom are unfunded. Services range from camps and education for children living with diabetes or at high risk of developing diabetes to cooking classes, weight management services, screening, support groups and diabetes education. Since November 1968, the EPDA has worked diligently to become a resource for anyone with a diabetes concern in El Paso, Texas.
You may reach us online at http://epdiabetes.org/., https://www.facebook.com/ElPasoDiabetesAssociation, in person at 3641 Mattox Street, or by phone at (915) 532-6280. EPDA is to help you meet your needs!!!
About the Chile Pepper Challenge
The Chile Pepper Challenge offers routes, distances and mountain climbs for cyclists of all skill levels and ambition. Five ride alternatives are available, 100 miles, 64 miles, 40 miles, 27 miles and a 10 mile fun ride. Each ride is fully supported with rest stops, route markings and SAG vehicles. Snacks, water and port-a-potties will be provided at all rest stops.
All rides start and end at Grace Gardens, 6701 Westside Drive, El Paso, Texas 79932.
After the ride enjoy food, drinks, live music and vendor booths at the Chile Pepper Fiesta.
- On-Line via Active.com. On-line registration will close at 11:59pm Sunday, September 20th
- Fill in the blanks, print and mail-in Registration Form (checks only please). Mail-in registration forms must be received on or before September 19th. Mail your registration form to: The El Paso Bicycle Club, PO Box 13040, El Paso, TX 79913.
- In person at one of the Rider Package Pick Up sites. If you plan to register on Sunday before the ride please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your ride start time.
To expedite processing at the in-person registration please complete and print our PDF Registration form and bring it with you. For mail-in and in-person registration each rider must complete and sign the registration form and liability waiver, one form per rider. Tandems must complete two forms, one for each rider. Riders age 17 and under must have a form signed by a parent or guardian. Blank forms can also be found at most local bike shops and will be available at the in-person registration sites. Please support our local bike shop!
To help us plan a better event early registration is highly encouraged.
- Early - $30, Must be received on or before September 1, 2015
- Regular - $40, September 2nd through September 20th (registration on Active.com closes at 11:59pm, MDT, on Sunday, September 20th). Mail in forms must be received by September 19th.
- Friday, September 25th and Saturday, September 26th, in-person - $40
- Sunday, September 27th before the ride, in-person - $45
- Riders age 15 and under accompanied by a paid adult rider are free! Riders age 15 and under must register with a mail in form or at one of the package pick up and registration events with proof of a registered parent or guardian. Active.com will not accept riders age 15 and under unless they pay the full ride fee.
Tandems must register and pay for each rider individually.
Pre-registered riders can pick up their rider package at the following locations at the times and dates indicated. We will also be taking walk up registrations at the package pick up sites.
- Friday, September 25th from 6:00pm until 8:00pm, Academy Sports (Eastside Location), 201 S Americas, Ave
- Saturday, September 26th from 12:00pm (noon) until 7:00pm Academy Sports (Westside Location), 801 S Mesa Hills or
- Before the ride on Sunday, September 27th starting at 6:30am.
All rides start and end at Grace Gardens, 6701 Westside Drive, El Paso, TX 79932.
Jerseys, tee-shirts and socks are available to commemorate your participation in the 2015 Chile Pepper Challenge.
The 2015 ride jersey highlights the main route of the Chile Pepper Challenge and El Paso's favorite ride - Highway 28! Produced by Primal Wear exclusively for 2015 ride, they are sport cut and come in both men's and women's styles and sizes. Available sizes range from XS to 3XL. The price for these one of a kind jerseys is $80 each. Click here for sizing chart.
The 2015 Chile Pepper Challenge tee-shirts will echo the unique design elements of the ride jersey. Price for tee-shirts is $15 and are available in sizes ranging from Small to XXL.
Your feet will thank you for slipping on a pair of the exclusive Chile Pepper Challenge socks. Not only are they stylish but will keep your feet cool and fresh as you pedal along. Price is $10 per pair, one size fits all.